- Prevents spillage of hot oil from the oil filter cap on Dodge RAM 6.7L Cummins Diesel Heavy-Duty truck, due to the placement of the oil filter
- U-handle makes removal and installation easier when reaching from locations where your vision is obscured
- Ridged side allows for removal of tool from cap with locking pliers
- When changing the oil, reach above the oil filter and screw the plug into the oil filter for a secure seal, and then remove the oil filter from the tight space without spilling any hot oil
- Tool also allows the technician to pre-lube the oil filter before installation instead of running your finger with oil around the rubber seal before re-applying
Proper procedure to ensure the threads won’t cross thread:
- When reaching up into the engine bay, it is near impossible to have a view of the threads on both the oil filter and plug tool.
- We recommend turning counter clockwise until you feel the thread entry point line up.
- This is the moment when you feel a small drop in the counter clockwise turn.
- Once aligned, begin to turn clockwise at a slow rate to insure proper engagement with the threads.
- **Note that this is common practice among many technicians, when threads are not visible.
|Dodge||RAM||6.7L Cummins Diesel 2500/3500 H.D. Trucks||2013-2018|